Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Video short of my parapenting accident in Switzerland

I just got the video from my assistant of me hitting the tree parapenting in Switzerland. If you don't know what that is, it's running off a mountain strapped to a parachute. I was shooting other parapenters and was attached to a guide. You can see me holding the camera in my left hand. This was the second run. The first run went off beautifully. We got the money shots on that run. I put a longer lens on for the second run. When we took off the chute didn't inflate all the way and we started to head down the mountain three feet of the ground. The only tree in our path and we hit it dead center. I kept saying "please bend, please bend"; it didn't. I love the commentary in French by the other guide. He's talking to my assistant and goes"oh no" right at the end. Anyway, got untangled, wiped myself off, walked back up the mountain with the guide and the parachute, and this time had a successful takeoff. You know; "no pain, no gain". Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment