Tuesday, December 15, 2009

New images for my youth sports project

I just shot two new images for my ongoing project on kids in sports. This is a project that I started last year in response to the increasing pressure I see put upon kids that play in competitive sports. I know first hand because my two boys (11 and 14) play competitive soccer. When my wife and I would go to parties the conversation would always turn to people's kids and the sports they play. We as parents put a huge amount of time shuffling the kids to and from practice and games.

I decided to take a more sophisticated approach to the images by lighting them more dramatically and having the kids give me some attitude (but hopefully show underneath that they are kids). I worked a little in post production to desaturate the colors. Check my website for other images in the series.



1 comment: